Thursday, May 20, 2010

I need to work on my rhythm!

Thursday mornings are the day that Dale & I go to the gym together. I work at 11 so we head over after we take the kids to school. There is a 'pure SPICE' class at 9am and it looks fun. Dale has said, "No Way" to the class so I put it off my list of things to do.

This morning Dale had a meeting at work so I text'd my friend from work, Terry and we headed over to check out this spicy class, also know as 'Zumba'.

The teacher is a tiny thing, she can't be more than 21! She was so much fun! The class got me going and Terry and I were so wet and smelly by the end of the class! Terry is Hispanic, she has some moves. It was crazy how much fun she was having! I am a white girl. I have rhythm but it has been hidden for so long it may take a few classes to bring it back out! I could hold my own in dance classes and even made it as a mat maid,(cheerleaders for the wrestlers) in junior high. I realized that it has been 15 years since I used any type of move like I used in class today!

Terry was what kept me in the class past the first few songs. It was hard to keep up. I feel like I am getting into better shape but 1 aerobics class showed me i was wrong! I am proud of myself for making it through the whole class. I need to keep working on my rhythm!

I got on the scale and I am at 236! Last week was an 'up' week for me so I was happy to see it go back down this week.

~Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment