Thursday, June 14, 2012

Breakfast, QUICK!

I was wondering around Wal-Mart yesterday.  I thought to myself, "Self, I want a easy and healthy breakfast tomorrow."

I wondered to the Frozen foods and grabbed a bag of Pork sausage patties.  Then on the shelf under it they had TURKEY sausage patties!!!

I picked them up and looked at the Nutritional Information.  Here it is via My fitness pal:

Nutrition Facts


Walmart Great Value -Turkey Sausage Patties



<>




Calories

90

Sodium

360 mg

Total Fat

6 g

Potassium

105 mg

Saturated

2 g

Total Carbs

0 g

Polyunsaturated

2 g

Dietary Fiber

0 g

Monounsaturated

3 g

Sugars

0 g

Trans

0 g

Protein

9 g

Cholesterol

30 mg

Vitamin A

0%

Calcium

2%

Vitamin C

0%

Iron

4%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Great Value - SausagePork Patties, Original




Calories

200

Sodium

260 mg

Total Fat

19 g

Potassium

115 mg

Saturated

7 g

Total Carbs

0 g

Polyunsaturated

3 g

Dietary Fiber

0 g

Monounsaturated

9 g

Sugars

0 g

Trans

0 g

Protein

6 g

Cholesterol

40 mg

Vitamin A

0%

Calcium

2%

Vitamin C

0%

Iron

2%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.


As you can see, the Turkey were much lighter than the Pork!

I also bought some Delightful English muffins by Sara Lee.

To make this Yummy & filling breakfast:
Split 1 English muffin in half, toast in toaster to desired crispiness.
Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a nonstick pan. Add 1 egg.
Place 1 sausage patty on a paper towel. Heat in microwave as directed on the package.
Flip egg to cook to desired doneness, I like my yolk set for a sandwich, so Over Medium Well.
Place 1 heated sausage patty on 1 English muffin half, top with 1 slice of cheese, I used American but Natural unprocessed cheese would be better!
Add Egg and top with other half of English muffin.


This is what it looked like:
So the calorie breakdown is like this:

Butter:          34
Egg:              70
Cheese:         70
Muffin:         90
Sausage:       90
Total:          354 calories

You can cut out 55 calories by using just 1 egg white and also cut the calories (34 of them) by using cooking spray instead of butter.

By the way, it is 3 hours later and I am still full!  Gotta love whole grain English muffins!

Oh and an update: I have lost 10 pounds this past 2 weeks!  Portion control and whole grains are really helping!

No comments:

Post a Comment