Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chicken Wings!

So tonight I grilled a package of chicken wings. 13 wings for $7.08 was only $0.54 a wing! I made a $0.88 box of Chicken Rice-a-Roni and added some Broccoli. I got the broccoli at Ranch Market for just $0.50! It was on sale! I Love that store!

So to make the chicken I turned the grill on High, closed the lid and let it get nice and toasty!
I went back out and turned it down to Low. I put the chicken wings on and shut the lid. So I baked them, kind of.
While they were on the grill, I melted 1/4 cup of butter, mmm butter! I added 2T garlic powder and a few shakes of L&P Worcestershire sauce.( <-- Spell check thinks it's spelled wrong, is it?)
Mixed it all together then I basted the chicken with it after turning the chicken over and cranking the heat to High!

It was very yummy!
I ate all the broccoli. I added 1/4 cup of margarine to it, since I used the last of my butter on the chicken. I squeezed a lemon on top and it was DELICIOUS!!!

Simple dinners can be kind of healthy. 1 chicken wing with the skin has only 65 calories and 5 g of fat. I didn't add too much to it with the butter but it sure was yummy.

I thought about adding a photo of what the kids plates looked like after they tried to eat the chicken wings but I thought that would scare you from trying this!

Give it a try, you will like it! I think next time though, I will just do the garlic butter on chicken breasts.

I have a meeting at 6 tomorrow so I will leave dinner up to Dale. I will let you know what he made and how much he spent. I wonder if he can come up with dinner from the fridge and pantry with out a trip to the store! I know there is a meal in there, we just have to look for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment