Monday, January 30, 2012

Bugers and Frys

Tonight we made Burgers and Fries! It was yummy! Not so healthy but in budget!
Ground Sirloin $7.51
Bacon $1.66
Mushrooms $1.00
Onion $0.14
Swiss $0.66
Buns $1.25
Potatoes $0.92
Zucchini $0.52
Total: $13.64
So, I planned to have some Eggplant Parm that was in the freezer but Dale wanted burgers. I had the butcher put some steak seasoning on the ground beef at the store. Dale made patties with the beef and grilled them to perfection! He also grilled the zucchini with out any oil or salt!
I cooked 5 pieces of bacon, sauteed mushrooms and onions! To make the Fries I cut 1.6 pounds of potatoes into 8 pieces each. I tossed them in 1Tablespoon veg.oil. I put them in the microwave for 2 minutes, tossed and put back in for 2 more minutes. I laid them out on a cookie sheet and baked them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, crispy fries! I bought a package of burger buns for $0.99 and used 2 for the kids and bought Onion rolls for Dale and me, so good!
We topped our burgers with mustard, mayo, bacon, mushrooms and onions.
Ashlyn has days when she likes eggs and others when she does not like them. Today was a "like egg" day. Ashlyn even asked if we could cook some more!
So we got out our better home and gardens cookbook and read the recipe!
We took out the eggs from the fridge.
I put them in there on their side, I read somewhere that that makes the yolk cook in the center!
We followed the directions and this was our result! She did a great job peeling them and even cleaned up after herself!
She made some egg salad with the eggs I cooked this morning so that will be her lunch tomorrow.

I would say that the "store them on their side" makes an nicely centerd yolk!
If you see Ashlyn, ask her how her first eggs were!
So no real recipes tonight. Just a few tips and how-to's. This is how my life is, I use a recipe as a guide, and make it my own. If you asked me how I make my eggplant parm (tomorrows dinner) I will give you a method, not a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment