Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dale has been on a “beef” kick. Every night I ask him what he wants for dinner, he says, not chicken!
Ok, so tonight I made beef and black bean enchiladas. They were very yummy. Here is my break down:
1# Ground Beef $1.98
12 Corn
tortillas $0.99
Enchilada Sauce
$1.99
Black Beans, 10
oz can $1.00
Mexican Cheese
$0.50
Beef Rice-a-Roni
$0.88
Fat Free Refried
Beans, big can $1.49
Total : $8.83
I made enough for in plate of leftovers. It will be a fight to who gets them first! I have made enchilada before and this is what I did, not really a recipe, I don’t use them that often…
I browned the ground beef in a skillet. There was very little fat in the pan so I added a can of Rosita’s Seasoned Black beans. I stirred it all together until the beans were warm. I removed from heat. I opened the enchilada sauce and poured some in to an 8x11 pan to coat the bottom.
In the microwave I warmed up the corn tortillas until softened. I put ¼ cup of the meat &
bean mixture in a tortilla and rolled it up and placed it seam side down in the pan. I used all the tortillas and had about 1 cup of meat/bean left over.
I covered it with foil and baked for 45 minutes. I took the foil off and added about 1/2 to 2/3 cups of cheese. I placed it back in the oven uncovered for about 15 minutes.
For the Rice I followed the package directions but used 1 tablespoon of butter.
I added 1 tablespoon of butter to the can of Fat free beans, (I know, it’s no longer Fat free but it
tastes better) to give them some flavor. I also added about 1 teaspoon of Onion powder to them as well.
To serve I topped my enchilada with a small spoon full of sour cream.
The kids ate it up, Dale got his Beef and I got a lighter version since I added the beans and
not so much meat!
One more thing! I LOVE Wholly Guacamole! They have it on sale at Fry’s for just $1 a package.
That could by why my trip to the store this morning cost me $45. Oh, and the soda I bought! I hate making small trips to the store. I plan on meal planning next week and I will
do a single shopping trip and post what I am making so that I have to stick to
it!

No comments:

Post a Comment