Monday, February 20, 2012

Weirdest thing I ever cooked!

I went to Sprouts to get ground beef to make meatloaf. They had a foil loaf pan full of Meatloaf! It was $2.99 a pound and the ground beef was $3.49 a pound. No brainer RIGHT?
WRONG! It is Pink. Not undercooked, PINK! There is so much in this meatloaf that I am not sure there is beef in it. I took a chance on it since I have used the Turkey loaf and it was very good!
I will need to figure something out for Dale when he gets home!?!?
Now I have made things that are not tasty, ask Dale about the Chicken Keiv I made when we first got married.
I remember I once bought a "turkey breast in gravy" and I thought it was a great price, $2.50 for a whole turkey breast. I followed the directions on the package, put it in the oven, did not remove the foil cover and waited for my AMAZING dinner to cook in the oven! Pulled it out, and it was a processed turkey loaf in yellow water.

I think I will put this item on the top of the list of weird things I have made.

I made mashed potatoes too, just a few potatoes, chopped, covered with water and a few sprinkles of salt, cooked for 20 minutes, drained, back in cooking pot with 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup butter and a potato masher. Yummy!
There it is, my 'recipe' for the day!
I will do better tomorrow, I am taking the kids out to dinner and I will give you the recipe for my Orzo and Spinach Salad. DELISH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment