Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Crock Pot Tacos

I have heard many people talk about the website crockpot365.com
I decided to try a recipe.
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2010/10/crockpot-tex-mex-pot-roast-recipe.html

I made tex-mex pot roast.

It was good. Not amazing but good. We used it for taco filling. I hoped it would take on more flavor from the rotel and the chipotle. It really just tasted like tender pot roast.

Now, I used the juice from the meat to make some rice-a-roni. That was good! I used 2 cups of the juice and veggies. I also added 1/2 cup of water to the rice pilaf flavored rice-a-roni. I followed all the directions on the box.

Enjoy.

Tex-mex pot roast

2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
1 (15-ounce) can chili beans, undrained
1 (11-ounce) can corn with peppers, undrained
1 (10-ounce) can Rotel (tomatoes and chiles), undrained

Use a 6-quart slow cooker. This is a super simple dump and go
recipe--my favorite kind! The meat was frozen solid when I put it into the
cooker.
After your meat is in, add the chipotle chile powder and all the
canned ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 4 to
6. I like to cook it long enough that the meat falls apart--but you may take it
out whenever it reaches your preferred desired tenderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment