Sunday, March 11, 2012

15 Pounds?

How the heck did I loose 15 pounds?

I didn't follow the "plan" that they set out for me. I ate a bit less but still ate what I wanted when I wanted.

I drank a wee bit o' wine too!

Not really sure how that happened.

My clothes fit me again. I can wear anything in my closet, that is a good thing.

I found a dress for the GLS school auction in May. I want to loose 20 more pounds so I can get a smaller size.

I WILL DO IT!

Who knows, maybe I will drop a few more.

So I have not really made any new recipes this past few weeks. I will tell you about an amazing soup I made...Sorry, no photo :(

Remember when I posted about the yummy chili I made a few weeks ago?
http://kerrysgettingskinny.blogspot.com/2012/01/chili-cauliflower-popcorn.html

I had some left over. I put it in the freezer. I needed room for a bag of ice so I took the chili out. I also grabbed a couple of chicken breasts and put it all in the fridge to thaw.

Again, I am not a recipe writer, If I was, I could write a pretty good cook book, but I regress.

I took the 2 pieces of chicken and seared them in my dutch oven with a bit of Olive Oil. Not EVOO, just plain old OO!

After I got a nice sear on both sides, I covered them with a quart of chicken broth. I let them simmer with the lid on for 25 minutes.
I took them out of the broth, let them cool on a plate for a few minutes and then I went to town breaking it into pieces.
I added it back to the broth and dumped in the left over chili with beef and beans and all! I added a few more sprinkles of the homemade chili seasoning and let it all simmer for about 20 more minutes.

IT WAS DELISH!!!
It tasted like a chicken tortilla soup. I will make it again, but it will be after I have made chili and then have a couple of chicken breasts to use up. Maybe I can develop a recipe for the soup with our using leftovers, but WHY?

Hey, did I mention my 15 pounds???

No comments:

Post a Comment