Friday, March 30, 2012

Marinated Pork Tenderloin!

The diet has not been going so well. There is WAY too much good food out there!
This is a pork tenderloin recipe that first I made last summer. It was good. I followed the suggestions on the website I got it from and was not as happy with the results.
This time I followed it as written, I did over cook it but MAN was it amazing!!
Dale is not a fan of most pork. He likes bacon & sausage (who doesn't) and loves to smoke pork shoulders. Even Dale said this was good and gave me the go ahead to make it again!
Here is what I started with. I think the marinade cost around $2. I did double the recipe but a single amount of marinade is more than enough for the 2 pork tenderloins that it calls for.
I found Pork Tenderloin on sale at Sprouts a few weeks ago, it was in a vacuum sealed bag so I knew it would keep in the fridge for a bit.
We paired it with grilled zucchini, frozen peas and smashed red potatoes.
Here is my estimated costs: We served 6 adults and 2 kids.
Marinade $4
Pork Tenderloins $10
Red Potatoes $3
Zucchini $2
Peas $0.50
Total: $19.50 or $2.44 per person!

Marinated Pork Tenderloin
Via, allrecipes.com
Ingredients
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons sherry
1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pinch garlic powder
2 (3/4 pound) pork tenderloins
Directions
Place soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry,
dried onion, cinnamon, olive oil, and a touch of garlic powder in a large
resealable plastic bag. Seal, and shake to mix. Place pork in bag with
marinade, seal, and refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours.
Preheat grill for high heat.
Lightly oil grate. Place tenderloins on
grill, and discard marinade. Cook 20 minutes, or to desired doneness. Slice
into medallions, and serve.
If you find it on allrecipes.com, the reviews say to make a batch of the marinade, simmer it until it makes a sauce. We did this last time and there was SO much sugar in the marinade that it made a caramel sauce. Not good on PORK! The meat needs the sugar in the marinade, it gives it a nice crisp outside, it does not make it sweet. The sherry is also an important ingredient as well, please do not try to sub it out with something else. The bottle I bought was $3 at fry's, It will last me a while.
Now I get to find other ways to use it! Also, remember, it is a liquor, so they will card you if you try and buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment