Thursday, March 1, 2012

diet is a flop!

Dale & I decided that our don't eat diet is not going to work with our schedules. We are however going to take this weight loss challenge seriously.

We will be counting calories, taking daily walks and eating when we want to.

My biggest issue with the weight loss plan was that we need to spend 30 minutes eating. Now I don't know about you, but I don't have the flexiblity in my schedule to eat when I want and spend 30 minutes doing it.

We both realized that since we could no stop in the middle of our work day to sit down and eat a meal when we were hungry, we were eating once a day. I am pretty sure that I only ate about 500 calories on Tuesday. That includes the H2Orange drink I was drinking.
I have not been a fan of the HCG diet. I don't think that people were loosing weight from the HCG, I think they were loosing weight b/c they would eat 3000 calories a day and witht the HCG diet, you are limited to 500.
One of the topics in the video we watched said not to begin working out while starting this plan. The reason for that was that your body would go into shock and store fat instead of burn fat.

My plan is to track my calories, move a bit more, (if that is possible!) and enjoy eating what I want.

Too often people eat "low-fat" foods thinking they can eat as much as they want.

My idea is simple. Burn more calories than I put into my body. If I do this I will loose weight. I want to get healthy, I want to climb a staircase without getting out of breath, I want to work an 8 hour shift and not have sore knees and feet.

That is it. No recipe tonight. just some thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Kerry:

    That is exactly what I did - watched my caloric intake and tracked my steps. I use the website www.loseit.com and I also purchased a fitbit. The fitbit tracks every step I take, how much activity I do and it actually adds calories into my loseit.com account if I get lots of exercise, so I can eat more calories that day. Check it out! I am down 8 pounds since Jan 1 and have 2-3 more. Kristin is also using it and finding it very helpful. Good luck and keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete